Sunday, July 09, 2006

ALA Wiki for Librarians, Support Staff & Students

There is a wiki meme flowing through the the electrons. American Library Association has a new wiki. This is the link that explains how it came into being http://libland.wikispaces.com/about

Great ideas are coming out of conferences. The trick is to maintain them long after the thrill is gone. They are going to have to do much more outreach to the next generation. This is a good start. If they can attract enough consistant contributors I think it is a great idea.

I clicked on resources pages and found many sites I want to check out.
On the liberal side of the fence is the Library Underground and on the conservative side is Conservative Library Land which is a Yahoo user group. It appears to be closed group because I can't view anything without becoming a member.

Hmmm. I think I'll leave that one alone.

No comments: