Monday, August 28, 2006

NewsLib - Specialized Library Blog

Newslib is a specialized library blog for Librarians, News Researchers and library workers who support newspapers, television programs and documentaries.

For example, if a reporter needs background on a topic a News Librarian can help gather accurate information.

Sometimes a News Researcher can help generate news stories. There is a great example in an article found on the American Journalism Review site; where a News Researcher plowed through the statistical data to find fraud in Katrina based assistance.

On the blog you can also find job openings, networking opportunities and links to others news librarian sites. One of the best is a link to the Special Libraries Association News Division web site. You can get a good feel for what it would take to work in the profession.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hi Gena,

I am confident that you did a fine job of speaking to the class. Welcome to a new school year! As usual, you have posted a lot of terrific information. For those of you who are new to the Library Tech Program and/or PCC, welcome! I'm Diana, and I am a tech in the Circ Dept. at the PCC Library. I don't get to this blog as often as I'd like to, but I highly recommend that you visit and drop Gena a line or two. She is amazingly creative and resourceful. This blog is for you LT students, and I know you will find useful information here, thanks to Gena!!! During the course of the program, you will be introduced to many of us in the Library. Remember that we are here to help you succeed. If I can help you in any way, please stop by the Circulation Desk and ask for me. Enjoy the new semester!

Diana