Alliant International University http://www.alliant.edu
Los Angeles Campus http://library.alliant.edu
POSITION: Library Technician - Access Services
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under supervision, the incumbent is responsible for interlibrary loan (ILL), circulation, course reserves, and stacks maintenance. Specific duties include:
INTERLIBRARY LOANS: In cooperation with other libraries, use the Innovative Millennium, OCLC, and Docline systems to receive and process ILL requests from AIU students and other libraries.
CIRCULATION: Oversee circulation desk activities, including processing all notices and billing for unreturned materials. Direct the paging of inter-campus and LINK+ materials and the use of materials booking function. Resolve patron circulation problems. Assist patrons with special needs and requests.
COURSE RESERVES: Compile and manage course materials as listed on instructors' book request forms and course syllabi.
STACKS MAINTENANCE: Oversee shelving of library materials, general shelf maintenance including shelf reading, searches for lost items, space planning, and shifting of the collection as needed.
SUPERVISION: Supervise student assistants working at the circulation desk, including hiring, scheduling, training, and daily supervision of students. Evaluate student assistants' job performance each year. Maintain circulation procedures. Oversee a variety of projects assigned to student assistants.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or Library Technician Certificate, and experience with library access and/or technical services.
- Experience using the OCLC ILL system and Docline.
- Experience with Innovative library system and LINK+ preferred.
- Good supervisory skills and experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Accurate typing and word processing skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and to take initiative when appropriate.
If any of you want to apply this position, read the job description carefully. Then send your resume, cover letter and three references to:
Maria Diaz, Information & Access Services Librarian
Alliant International University
1000 S. Fremont Ave., Unit 5
Alhambra, CA 91803