We're The Capital Group Companies, a 75-year-old investment management company that prides itself on creating an environment in which our associates feel they can succeed and be valued for their contributions. We're the home of American Funds, one of the three largest mutual fund families in the United States. The benefits of working at Capital include interesting work, exceptional colleagues, a comfortable workplace, competitive salaries and bonuses, and
health and life benefits from day one.
We are looking for a Subscriptions Assistant to work as a part of the Subscriptions and Book Services group in the Research Library and manage subscriptions to print and electronic resources.
- Placing orders, renewals and cancellations;
- Processing invoices; investigating and resolving problems that arise with delivery, access, payments, etc.;
- Maintaining the database in the library system software;
- Serving as the library's liaison with subscription suppliers.
- Experience in library serials or acquisitions, or in purchasing
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in response to varying time pressures
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Consistency and dependability in performing work assignments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and experience with establishing effective working relationships with clients and suppliers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet searching)
- Willingness and capability to accept new tasks and responsibilities as needed
- College degree preferred
- Experience with library system software desired
- Medical, dental and vision coverage effective day one
- Three weeks vacation in year one
- 15% of annual salary plus bonuses contributed by the company to your retirement plan, up to IRS limits
- Generous educational assistance
- Health club subsidy
- Paid, comprehensive training programs
- Team-oriented working environment
- Business casual dress
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.