Perform general clerical work such as typing, duplicating, entering information into a computer and maintaining various files and records; compile, prepare and type correspondence, lists, reports, records and a variety of other materials; maintain database information related to library materials, students, staff, and other related information.
Provide general and reference assistance to students and teachers; instruct and aid students in the use of various library equipment; assist students in finding suitable reading materials; assist students in the use of computer indexes; answer reference and directional questions; present library and book care lessons as assigned.
Operate a variety of office and library equipment including a copier, computer, bar scanner, fax machine, VCR, DVD player, television and laminator.
- Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and completion of Library Technology Certificate Program. Relevant library work experience also preferred.
- Operation of a variety of office equipment including a computer.
- Children's literature, books and class curriculum.
- Math skills and record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
The deadline to e-mail your resume will be Friday, July 13, 2007.
You must have completed the Library Technology Certificate Program, or will complete the Program no later than December 2007 – no exceptions. In addition, candidates with applicable library work experience will be given preference. Salary will commensurate with relevant library education and work experience.
PCC LibTech students - please check your June 3rd e-mail for Mrs. Kim's information about this position. There is a MS Word attachment that has the full details and expected duties about this opportunity.
If you are interested, please e-mail your resume to Ms. Guyer. No phone calls will be returned at this time until all resumes are reviewed. Selected candidates will be contacted immediately.