Library/Media Technician II at Rialto Unified School District. From the website: this is an extract of the essential duties:
- Performs technical processing of instructional materials, including bibliographic records,
- Compiles and maintains requisition and purchase order files for instructional materials and textbooks,
- Supervises student library assistants in order to maintain proper library procedures; organizes daily assignments and coordinates the activities of library students,
- Compiles slide video/film requests; coordinates ordering and distribution of all videos/films,
- Supervises the routing of incoming and outgoing materials to departments/schools; circulates materials,
- Records all material costs and posts to purchase orders,
- Assists with reviewing catalogs and recommending materials for purchase,
- Maintains a professional library, including all books, pamphlets, periodicals, California codes and similar materials and other tasks.
Inquire at www.rialto.k12.ca.us or Call at (909) 820-7700, ext.2100.
Library Technician I at County of San Diego From the job post at the website:
This is the entry level in the Library Technician class series. Incumbents perform library services in a branch library or headquarters division. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Charging and discharging books, audio-visual materials, periodicals, pamphlets,
- Documents and other library materials on an automated circulation system;
- Registering library patrons, answering questions, and assisting in the use of library facilities, resources, and reference materials;
- Shelving library materials; assisting in ordering, receiving, cataloging, and processing library materials; processing inter-library loans on an automated circulation system;
- Assisting in children’s services, young adult programs, and other activities serving the public.