Terms of Employment:
The salary range is $1535 to $19.60 for a 19 hour work week. This is a 12 month position.
Under general supervision, to perform clerical and technical duties and assist with the overall operation of the Library and Learning Resources program; assist students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Ability to work at a desk, a conference table, or in meetings of various configurations.
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to see for purposes of reading laws, codes, rules, policies, other printed matter, and observing students.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation.
- Ability to bend and twist.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Manual dexterity.
Associate degree in library and information technology or equivalent. One year of experience with computers in the workplace or the successful completion of 3 semester units of office software courses. Library experience preferred.
Application Filing Deadline:
Your application materials must be received in the Taft College Human Resources Dept. by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 19, 2008.
The following application materials must be submitted prior to the filing deadline for consideration by a screening committee:
1) a letter of interest; 2) resume; 3) a completed District classified application; 4) a copy of your transcripts (unofficial are acceptable); 5) pre-employment data form (voluntary) and return to the Human Resources Department.
You may include accompanying information and letters of recommendation that you feel will enhance your application.
For further information contact:
Human Resources Department
29 Emmons Park Drive
Taft, CA 93268
Telephone (661) 763-7805 Fax (661) 763-7828