- Under general supervision of the Access Services Librarian, this Technician serves as a lead person serving Library patrons at heavily used Circulation Desk, trains and supervises student assistants, and serves as a collegial member of the Library staff.
- Tasks performed at the Circulation Desk such as trains and supervises student assistants in circulation functions.
- Assists in hiring and scheduling student assistants; prepares time reports.
- Utilizes the Library’s Ex Libris Voyager system, charges, discharges and renews library materials, collects fines and payments for library materials, registers borrowers, accesses online bibliographic records, verifies data for accuracy and completeness. Reports unusual occurrences in the Library’s systems to Access Services Librarian.
- Conducts Library morning opening routines.
Salary Range and Work Schedule:
$2887.01 - $3684.65 (Starting salary 2887.01)
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. This is a 12 month position with the college.
The application deadline is April 17, 2009. For more information you can visit