General Job Description
Performs specialized clerical and technical duties in one or more of the functional areas of acquisition, circulation, periodicals, or cataloging in a library or learning resources center.
Eduction and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent and two years of library clerical experience or
- Successful completion of three core courses in library media technology, and one year of library clerical experience or
- Successful completion of six core courses in library media technology.
- Technical library resources including catalogs, indexes, and bibliographies
- Technical procedures for the acquisition of library and media materials
- Technical procedures involved in the cataloging and classifying of library and media materials using MARC format
- Technical procedures involved in the circulation of library and media materials
- Library classification systems
- Organization and use of records and files
- Basic computer operations
- Public service techniques for public contact in person and on the telephone
A Library Technician performs specialized clerical and technical duties in one or more of the functional areas of acquisition, circulation, periodicals, or cataloging in a library or learning resources center.
A Library Assistant performs clerical duties which include circulation work; preparing new acquisitions; mailing overdue notices and billing letters; typing of bibliographies, correspondence, purchase orders and requisitions; filing; and operating various library equipment.
Minimum Salary (Monthly): $3,153.40 Maximum Salary (Monthly): $3,906.50 (and don't forget those benefits folks!)
If you are interested visit the LACCD website to begin the application process. Applicants may also request an application be mailed to them by calling 213-891-2129 or sending e-mail to: email@example.com.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED via our ONLINE EMPLOYMENT SYSTEM or SUBMITTED to the Office of the Personnel Commission, LACCD, 770 Wilshire Blvd., L.A. 90017. Completed applications will not be accepted at any other location and must be received in our office by the application deadline noted under each job listed.