Library Clerk Specialist within the Library, Archives, and Records Section responsible for providing efficient interlibrary loan and document delivery service to the JPL community using OCLC and the ILLiad and Ariel automated systems.
- Receive, process, and distribute incoming interlibrary loan materials in both paper and electronic formats.
- Fulfill interlibrary loan requests from other libraries. Report copies received from unsubscribed journals and process royalty payments.
- Produce metrics reports. Additionally, review incoming records storage and retrieval requests and resolve problems.
- Assign retention periods to records. Track records in storage to determine eligibility for destruction, obtain relevant approvals, and maintain supporting documentation. Also serve customers at busy library, archives, and records support desk. Maintain desk procedures.
- Shelve books and periodicals.
- Produce weekly report of activities. Record workload statistics and report them monthly. Support Group, Section, and Division team efforts.
Typically requires an Associate degree or equivalent experience with 3+ years directly related experience in library, archives or records.
- Ability to use automated bibliographic tools and/or online systems.
- Ability to maintain complex electronic and manual files.
- Ability to use personal computer applications for word processing, web publishing, document scanning, email, calendaring, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to organize work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to unpack large boxes of books and records, sort them, and maneuver loaded book carts.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to maintain harmonious relations with customers and coworkers.
Interested candidates should apply online at JPL's career site:
http://careerlaunch.jpl.nasa.gov and the requisition number 7672 on their application. You should also email a copy your resume directly to Barbara J. Amango to ensure timely consideration.