5 hours per day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) $873 - $1,063 per month - Fremont Elementary
2 hours per day (Monday through Friday) $574 - $699 per month - Granada Elementary / 9.3 months
Under general supervision to perform a variety of duties to assist the professional staff in the operation of a library/media center; and to do related work as required.
- Modern office, library/media methods and equipment.
- Library/media card catalog.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to assist students with the use of the library/media center.
- Keep a variety of records in connection with school library/media center.
- Maintain discipline and order among students using the library/media center.
- Troubleshoot and operate all equipment: TOM, copy machine, reader, printer, date machine, VCR, sound/filmstrip projector.
- Type accurately at the rate of 30 words per minute from clear, legible copy (A typing certificate, if available, may be attached to your application for review. Typing certificates must indicate a 5 minute test and include an authorized signature.)
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted during the course of work.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
One year of responsible and appropriate library/media center volunteer; or one year of paid Instructional Aide. Education: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade. Desirable Qualifications: Clerical experience in a school library. Experience with current school automated library systems.
Applications are a critical part of the examination process. Completeness and neatness of the application will be included in the rating of the candidate’s qualifications for the position.All applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on the final filing date. Postdated applications are not acceptable. Submit application with a copy of your typing certificate, if available to:
Alhambra Unified School District
Human Resources Division
15 W. Alhambra Road, Room 108
Alhambra, CA 91801.
You can apply on-line at
EdJoin.org along with a typing certificate (if available) attached or go to Alhambra School District and print out an application to take in person or mail.