This is an extract from the Employment Information Sheet:
The City of Glendora, “The Pride of the Foothills,” is seeking a qualified, customer service oriented individual with the ability to multi-task in performing a wide variety of technical library work.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates a function of the Library such as Circulation and Customer Support Services, automated computer library system, and/or Public Computer Services; trains and participates in evaluating assigned staff;
- Maintains files and equipment; troubleshoots hardware and software problems; assists patrons in the use of catalog and library equipment; checks books in and out; handles customer complaints;
- Places holds; registers new patrons; answers reference questions; trains subordinates to apply customer service skills that meet Department standards; monitors daily work activities of assigned staff;
- Assumes responsibility for resolving library overdues; contacts customers, performs informative searches, negotiates problem solutions, and compiles and maintains required patron records; schedules staff to provide adequate staff support for various library activities;
- Supervises the work of hourly employees and volunteers; leads the work of assigned staff in the completion of work assignments; schedules meeting space reservations...
Salary Range: $2,805 - $3,410 Per Month, with 26 pay periods per year.
Residency Requirement: All General employees must have and maintain a permanent primary residence within 65 miles or less of Glendora City Hall.
Download and complete the Glendora Employment Application. You can also go in person to the Glendora City Hall located at 116 East Foothill Boulevard or by calling the 24-hour Job Line at (626) 914-8206.
You must return the application in person or by mail. The deadline to apply is 5:00pm July 7, 2008