Customer service skills are a must.
Student workers/college assistants work with students to find and check out reserve items. They also check out circulation items and answer general questions that students may have.
Other Duties Include:
- clearing the outside book drops,
- keeping the circulation desk stocked with supplies,
- preparing due-date cards,
- shelving audio-visual materials,
- organizing the circulation area,
- maintaining the copy machines in working order, and other simple tasks upon request.
We are looking for people who are accurate, detail-oriented, hard-working, can follow through on verbal and written instructions, responsible, dependable, honest and mature. We need people who can work together as a team.
People with library experience and/or customer service experience will receive strong consideration. Students are also asked to make themselves available for as many hours as possible during library hours when they are not in class.
If you can only work during very specific windows of time, your application will not be as strongly considered.
If interested, please contact Eric Hanson (626)585-3309 or fill out an application at the circulation desk.