Yes, I guess I have. For the moment anyway. I am not forsaking my word processing programs. But there are times when looking at a blank white screen is intimidating. I wander. I find things that I shouldn't be fooling with when I need to crank stuff out.
But for some reason gazing at a black screen with green type takes me back to the days when all I could do was type. And words starts to stream out of my left side of the brain.
Here are some of the advantages of using an on-line text editor:
- You can use it anytime, anywhere that you are on the Internet.
- For students it is a quick tool you can use to do research and copy citations and web addresses into the program.
- It has a spell checker and a word counter.
- Writer will allow you to save what you have written as a text file, or as a .pdf file. You can email it to yourself. I had a problem doing that. It never let me enter my email address.
- It is free as in no cost to you. But if you really like it you can make a donation.