This video was sponsored by the ALA Office of Diversity in support of the Spectrum Scholarships. To be eligible for a Spectrum Scholarship (from the website):
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicant must be American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander.
- Applicant must attend an ALA-accredited graduate program in library and information studies or an ALA-recognized NCATE School Library Media program.
- Applicant shall have completed no more than a third of the credit requirements toward her/his MLIS or school library media degree at the time of award, June 1st.
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited program and begin school no later than September 1st or the Fall Semester immediately following the award.
- Applicants may have full or part time status.