Under supervision of the Library Section Supervisor, performs a variety of complex customer service, technical service and clerical tasks; coordinates selection, purchase, distribution and inventory of library supplies and equipment.Duties Include:
- Assist patrons and library staff
- Provides asset management for the City by maintaining inventories of all library supplies, purchase orders,cash receipts, requests for warrants, and all library materials.
- Registers new patrons, issues library cards and maintains patron database,
- Collects fines for overdue materials, balances receipts, clears paid accounts and processes financial transactions using the automated library system,
- Searches, modifies and downloads OCLC catalog records and concurrently updates OCLC with our library’s holdings,
- Prepares library materials for circulation including bar coding and anti-theft security devices,
- Types and maintains file of requisitions for purchase of library materials and supplies including tracking order until items are received and delivered to requesting personnel.
- Provides training and assistance for library patrons on the use of library equipment including computers, printers, Internet, CD roms and a variety of computer software, photocopiers and microfilm reader printers,
- Supervises inventory of library collections and resolves items listed on the “inventory exception report”.
- Coordinates monthly library book sale including fiscal management, may schedule and provides computer orientations,
- Supervises start of day and end of day library opening and closing procedures including building security,
- In the supervisor’s absence, may supervise staff in assigned section and generate work schedules.
Possession of or ability to obtain a Class C California Driver’s License and insurability by the City’s insurance carrier. Will be scheduled to work some Saturdays, evenings, and overtime as requested. All City employees are required to perform assigned Civil Defense duties in the event of an emergency or disaster.
They pay rate is $3,308 - $4,030 month with benefits.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in the position your applications must be received by the Human Resources Department by 6:00 p.m., Monday, December 15, 2008. Postmarks and faxed applications are not accepted.
You can download a copy of the application or visit the City of Commerce Human Resources department at: 2535 Commerce Way, Commerce, CA, or by calling the 24 hour Job Line at (323) 887-4415.